For me, Much of the last two months seem to have flown by in a blur. It feels like just yesterday that we were frolicing with mum and dad. We had an amazing time in Australia and are now more determined than ever to get our butts organised for a more permanent solution. Farmer Lachie was at home there as well :) I don't know that there was an animal alive that he didn't ride or "pet" in some form or another. It is also where his current dog obsession began. Although I cannot be sure that the feelings were mutual for Barney....

It was wonderful to be able to catch up with family and so many friends. We were truly blessed to have had so many friends make such an effort to come see us and meet Lachie. My biggest regret (which is the same regret that I always have) is that we weren't able to catch up with everyone that we wanted to. Hopefully our next trip home will be of a longer (perhaps even permanent!!!) length. I was especially excited to be able to catch up with Sally, Joey and Trudie while we were in Sydney. Lachie was a champ as we dragged him around the harbour and out to dinner. Sadly we were kicked out of a bar because of him. No, he was not drunk as the picture below might suggest, rather he was "under 18" and therefore not allowed in some of the bars and restaurants on Circular Quay after 6pm. First time in a long time I've been kicked out of a bar, and I can honestly say it wasn't my fault :) I'll be sure to drag this story out for Lachie's 21st though!!

February was brilliant and I am more than a little sad to see the month end. We had a birthday celebration every weekend and Ski Break was nothing short of amazing. It is so nice to have the mornings with Lachie. While I didn't think that I could do the full time stay at home mum thing, I think that I could give it a pretty darn good shot! Every morning we got up by 7am. Lachie had his breakfast and we hit the road for our 3 mile walk (via Peet's, ah how I adore you) Back home for a nap, some playtime, lunch and then off on an adventure with Jamaica to the dish or Santa Cruz to pick out wedding stuff with Brook and Joey or lunch with Nancy. As you can imagine, the last two weeks of actually having to be at work by 7:30 and being productive is less than appealing :) Curse you March!!!!
Yay!! Finally an update!! Would LOVE to have you back over this side of the world, especially so I can finally meet Lachie sometime.. Can you believe it's 2010?? I've known you, like, 12 years now.. Wooah! Keep up the updates PLEASE! x
ReplyDelete